Belmont Stakes 2012

I hope the gambling types out there didn't place any early bets, because they're all likely furious Saturday, the day of the Belmont Stakes. After I'll Have Another, the winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, was scratched Friday, the odds on all 11 remaining horses have gotten longer. Dullahan remains the favorite but, after closing Friday at 9/5, he opened Saturday morning at 5/1. Union Rags, which was 3/1 Friday, is now 6/1. Paynter, which was 7/2, is now 8/1. Whereas Friday no horse was betting at longer than 30/1 there are now three 50/1 shots - Ravelo's Boy, Five Sixteen and Guyana Star Dweej. Complete odds for the 2012 Belmont Stakes can be found below. Horse Racing

1-Street Life, 12/1
2-Unstoppable U, 30/1
3-Union Rags, 6/1
4-Atigun, 30/1
5-Dullahan, 5/1
6-Ravelo's Boy, 50/1
7-Five Sixteen, 50/1
8-Guyana Star Dweej, 50/1
9-Paynter, 8/1
10-Optimizer, 20/1
11-I'll Have Another, Scratched
12-My Adonis, 20/1

"Is there a triple crown winners for seconds?" Baffert said. "I really felt like I was going to win the Belmont. It was snatched away again."
Zayat was just as bummed, calling it "a heartbreaking defeat."
"He ran his guts out," he said, referring to Paynter, who was making just his fourth career start. "I'm very disappointed we opened the rail for (Union Rags)." Belmont Stakes 2012

Related Posts by Categories